Upcoming Events in Our Community
Stratford Public Library is happy to be continuing our partnership with the Stratford and Area Master Gardeners for a new series starting January 2023!
Gardening in a Changing Climate brings four dynamic speakers right to your living room via Zoom, on topics that are good for the climate and for the soul as we hunker down during the frostier months. (Note: talks will likely focus on hardiness zones 5b-6b.)
Each talk will take place on the third Thursday of every month at 7 p.m.
- April 20 – 7 p.m. | Cathy Kavassalis | Transforming Landscapes in a Changing Climate: Beware the Sleeping Beauties – We gardeners shape landscapes with our plant choices. Those choices have consequences. Escaped garden plants are the primary source of invasive plants in Canada, and that problem will only grow as our climate warms. Come and learn how we can make better choices to safeguard nature.
Click here to register for Gardening in a Changing Climate.
The Trail Times – Winter 2023
The Oxford County Trails Council has published the Winter 2023 issue of The Trail Times. Learn about the upcoming Winter Walk for Warmth, how our natural space are under threat, major improvements to the culvert entrance and more. Read all about it.
Download Our 2023 Activities Guide
Upcoming events include a visit to the Oxford Thames River Trail, Vansittart Woods, the Trillium Woods and Maple Syrup Festival, plus our Library Nature Notes Series and more Download our 2023 Activities Guide and start planning what exciting events you want to be a part of with the Ingersoll District Nature Club.
Check out the Oxford County Nature Facebook page
If you would like to chat and share photos regarding nature and conservation in Oxford County, feel free to join Oxford County Nature: https://www.facebook.com/groups/823335008523082
About the Ingersoll District Nature Club
Since 1952, the Ingersoll District Nature Club has maintained an active and friendly nature community in Ingersoll. We welcome newcomers to participate in any and all activities.
Join us in a nature walk or other community activity. Please see our Club Activities for details of our planned hikes and meetings through our programming year. Our group typically meets monthly, in informal gatherings, to enjoy outings in nature areas in and adjacent to Oxford County.
We are interested in the development and preservation of nature in Oxford County, and are formal stewards of the 36 acre (15 ha) Lawson Nature Reserve, south of Ingersoll.
We are involved in:
- Hiking and enjoying southwestern Ontario’s natural heritage
- Fostering family events to ensure our children are exposed to local natural attractions
- Stewarding the Lawson Nature Reserve – invasive species management, hillside restorations, trail maintenance, signage, etc.
- Encouraging seniors in active living through walks at the Nature Reserve
- Celebrating Earth Day
- Advocating on behalf of nature in general
So please, take a look around our site. You can see what we are all about, the activities that we offer, our signature trails and more. If you’re interested in becoming a member, you can click here.
If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, we would love to hear from you.
We can be reached…
Sheila Fleming (519) 485-2645
Wayne Walden (519) 485-4220
Hello We are a family of four who would love to get a membership
to this club
Sorry for the much delayed reply. I’m a new website editor, and it appears this post was missed. Are you still interested in membership, or have you already gotten it? If you are interested, the details are on our website under the membership page: https://ingersollnatureclub.com/membership/