On November 9th, 2019, Oxford People Against the Landfill (OPAL) invites all dump-fighters to Trinity United Church in Ingersoll at 1:30 for a brilliant session with:
* Bob Burtt, investigative journalist and author of “No Guardians at the Gate”, the story of Elmira, a community which the Ministry of Environment did not protect. Wonder what happened to their water? He will tell!
* Ben Lansink, real estate appraiser and author of the Lansink Report on home and property values in face of high traffic roads, dumps and other perils. Prices are trending which direction? He knows!
* opportunities to buy Bob Burtt’s amazing books and have them autographed. You’ll want to buy “Rare Moments” and hear about his plan for book #3
* opportunities to buy Dr. Poh-Gek Forkert’s “Fighting Dirty” so you too can read how communities have come together to defeat dumps
* light refreshments offered by four wonderful local bakers
* multiple ways to take action, including signing letters to the Minister of the Environment, Mr. Jeff Yurek, to encourage him to the take the next step and deny Walker the dump; donating to OPAL; getting your name on the OPAL Alliance email list to keep you up-to-date with information on our dump fight
* a chance to meet your neighbours and show solidarity with them against the dump.
We look forward to seeing you on November 9th. Mark it in your calendar now. Entry is free, and if you want to bring friends who also want to fight the dump, we’d love to see all.
Bryan Smith, President
PS: Bring your cheque book for book sales and donations to OPAL’s work to stop the dump.